10 Benefits of Hemp Oil for your fur buddies
Are you aware of all the benefits Hemp-seed oil can have on your pets?
We understand it's normal for most of you to have a lot of questions around a product that is new to you. You will be amazed with the kind of problem solving properties this herb contains. Dealing with both external and internal wellness of dogs and cats, hemp is a natural resource which is nutritious and nourishing for pets . This blog post will also help you understand why Hemp-seed oil is a more viable form of source for most remedies related to pet problems.
1) What are the benefits of hemp-seed oil on dogs and cats? Can they be used on other animals too?
· Reduces inflammation (external & internal)
· Promotes immunity & energy levels
· Reduces anxiety
· Helps with skin allergies & conditions
· Makes coats healthy & shiny
· Preserves gut, heart & brain health
· Promotes joint health & mobility
· Promotes oral health
We recommend for our product to be used on dogs and cats at the moment. Although Hemp is used on other animals too. Although, it’s best you consult with your vet before use to be on the safer side.
2) What properties in it make it nutritious/nourishing?
Hemp seed oil nutrient dense oil is packed with antioxidants and minerals.
Omega 3 & Omega 6 together have anti inflammatory properties - they work both internally & externally protecting skin, joint, heart & brain health.
Vitamin E helps with skin conditions along with Omega 3 & 6's anti inflammatory properties.
Omega 3 & Magnesium help calm anxiety.
A combination of the above along with Linoelic acid, good fats other minerals aid digestion, boost immunity & improve energy levels.
3) What is the difference between CBD oil and Hemp seed oil?
HEMP SEED OIL & CBD OIL
HEMP- SEED OIL
Oil extracted from hemp seeds.
Oil extracted from hemp leaves, flowers and stem.
Used for nutritional benefits, preserves joints, heart & brain health. Treats skin conditions.
Used to treat severe anxiety, pain relief and depression.
Usually available in its pure form.
Usually mixed with Hemp seed oil.
No psychoactive properties (less than 0.3% of THC).
No psychoactive properties.
4) Do vets recommend Hemp-seed oil for pets?
A considerable number of vets are aware of Hemp and its benefits on animals. It is gaining popularity in India in the recent past with multiple emerging brands that are certified in manufacturing hemp products for pets. However we always advise you to seek approval from your vet before you use Hemp products on your pets.
5) Is Hemp safe for animals?
To put it in simple words, Hemp does not contain the psychoactive component. Instead, Hemp-seed oil is derived from raw, cold pressed hemp seeds. It is mostly used to promote overall wellness in dogs and cats and is 100% safe.
You can also apply it topically to groom & bond with your pet.
6) What are the potential risks and side effects involved?
· Cooking hemp oil with your pet food and leaving it for long hours may cause the food to turn rancid leading to vomiting and diarrhea.
· Inappropriate amounts of hemp oil can cause lethargy, dry mouth and low blood pressure.
7) How much Hemp oil should I give to my dogs/cats?
If you’re using Hemp oil on your pets for the first time, we suggest you begin in small dosages and see how your pet takes to the product.
Although quantity is directly proportionate to the size of your pets.
· 1-10kg - 2pumps/1.5ml
· 11-25kg - 4pumps/3ml
· >26kg - 6pumps/4.5ml
Dosage: Once a day
Usage: Spray directly on their food. In their mouths. Topically on the fur.
8) What does Hemp oil taste and smell like?
Hemp oil has a unique, distinguished smell and taste, its earthy and nutty. When mixed with pet food it usually does not tend to have a very overpowering odor or flavor.
9) What is the nutritional profile of Hemp oil for pets?
They’re super nutritious, being rich in omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, and are a great source of protein, vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc, making hemp seed oil similarly nourishing.
Some other Nutrional Facts of Hemp-Seed oil:-
10) Where can I buy Hemp seed oil?
With all the information available we think you’re now ready to give this a go. Head over to our website and let your pets thank you for the choice you’ve made for them :)
For any other queries write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to answer all your doubts
Join our community online and stay tuned for more updates on everything Hemp. Sign up for our monthly newsletters for announcements, offers, product launches, by leaving us your email id.
Explore our range of other products on our shop for CATS and DOGS